Picture: IDCOL ICS Program
RSF has entered into a new area of the energy-saving sector called improved cooking stove with the cooperation of GIZ. The goal is to modify the stoves to make them fuel-efficient and provide them with a mechanism (eg chimney) to remove pollutants from the indoor environment.
1. To reduce indoor air pollution.
2. To improve the kitchen environment for supporting the mother and child health care program.
3. To protect de-forestation through improving the fuel efficiency of the cooking stove.
4. To Reduce the Green House Effect.
Main Feature of the Improve Cooking Stove (ICS)
1. 50% Fuel saving.
2. Reduce the smoke and thus protect the indoor environment.
3. Thermally efficient so the temperature of the kitchen remains comparatively Low.
So far RSF has constructed 5,00,900 pcs ICS (Improved Cooking Stove) via the IDCOL project and 4,850 pcs ICS plants via the GIZ project till December, 2020.